Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Anger Inventory

As children, many of us made choices about the way we were going to relate to our feelings. These early decisions may still shape our emotional life today.

Answer the following questions about your childhood experiences with anger. If you didn't grow-up with a mother and/or a father, substitute the name of someone who took care of you as a child.

When my mother got angry, she __________________________________

When my father got angry, he ___________________________________

When __________ another household or family member got angry, he/she

_____________________________________________________________________

When I got angry (as a child), I _____________________________________________

Based on my experiences while growing up, I think that anger is: ____________________________________________________________________

Now, when I get angry, I ___________________________________________

Now, when someone else gets angry with me, I ______________________________________________________________

No comments: